Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I talk to myself

a lot. That's what I figure I'm doing here, with the exception that someone might, probably does, overhear me even if I never know it. Nevertheless, I ramble on.
Bush gives a "big" speech tonight. I shouldn't say 'gives', he reads a speech tonight. Bush has never 'given' a speech, he just reads what others have written for him. They've probably made him read aloud through it a couple of times so he knows how to pronounce all the words, even if he may not know for sure what they mean.
Someone, I think it might have been Molly Ivins, said about Bush, "George is not dumb, he's just ignorant." I think that nails it. He is smart when it comes to being a smart ass but, even after six years of being President I don't think he has a clue when it comes to what is going on in the world. One of my favorite books about the Bush presidency is "The Greatest Story Ever Sold (subtitle: The Decline and Fall of Truth , From 9/11 to Katrina) by Frank Rich.
It's a history of how, from the beginning, Bush has been like a spoiled kid among the big boys who have used him to achieve their ends, which is primarily concentrating power in the executive branch. And as long as it makes him feel powerful, Bush doesn't really care how or what they (key player Dick Cheney) do.
But let's kid nobody, because he has the power of the presidency George Bush is the most dangerous man in the world.
I've vented enough for one day. Tomorrow I'll try to get a little more specific about some of these things.
In the meantime, it's time to stop this god damned war!

Peace -- if not now when?

No comments: